2019 Parade Information
THEME: The 2019 parade will have a 'Circus' theme. There are prizes for best use of theme.
ROUTE: The parade route runs down Main St heading North. Starting on South Main St at the State Complex (South Entrance) and finishing on North Main St at the rail bridge (Dac Row Field).
CHECK-IN: Drive to State Complex (North Entrance) off Park Row. Please arrive by 3:00pm in order to be ready for judging at 3:30pm. The Fire department will tell you where to line up and where to park cars. If you have special requests for parade lineup order contact Sally Dylan firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 498-3761
START TIME: 4 PM, Immediately following the Waterbury Mile Road Race.
APPLICATION: No advanced application is necessary.
QUESTIONS: Contact the parade organizers at email@example.com or (802) 598-2199 with any questions RULES AND GUIDELINES:
REQUIREMENTS OF PARTICIPATION: Parade participants agree to abide by the following rules and to follow all instructions from police and parade officials on the day of the parade. Organizers reserves the right to remove any entry while assembling or any time during the parade for failure to abide by these requirements.
- All parade entries must be appropriate for a family audience. An entry may not include image or content that includes nudity, profanity, lewdness, illegal drugs, alcohol, violence, obscenity, hate or racism.
- Participants may not invite or encourage attendees to enter the parade route.
- Drivers of motor vehicles must have a valid driver’s license.
- Large floats or vehicles must provide spotters to aid the driver visibility.
- Riders are to remain on float once the parade begins and at all times when the float is in motion.
- Children must be under adult supervision and seated at all times.
- For safety reasons, parade participants may not throw items to individuals viewing the parade. Candy, flags and approved items may be handed to parade viewers. Paper handouts, flyers, stickers and handbills are not permitted.
- Participants are responsible for cleaning up after their animals.
- Participants must keep the pace, and are not permitted to make physical stops along the Parade Route. Any performances along the route must be moving or marching.
- Parade will run rain or shine! Participants should be prepared with sunscreen, hats, and plenty of water.
- Safety is paramount. The Parade Organizers reserve the right to remove any participants from the parade who in the sole opinion of the designated safety officer is deemed to be either unsafe or potentially unsafe.